Adsorption - 2012
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Class date(s):||06 to 09 November|
Please use these references to read ahead, or for extra background reading. In alphabetical order:
- Ghosh, R. "Principles of Bioseparations Engineering", Chapter 8, McMaster (reserve)
- Geankoplis, C.J. "Transport Processes and Separation Process Principles", Chapter 12 in 3rd and 4th edition, McMaster Libraries (reserve)
- Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook, Chapter 22, Direct link (McMaster subscription)
- Richardson and Harker, "Chemical Engineering, Volume 2", 5th edition, Chapter 17 ebook
- Schweitzer, "Handbook of Separation Techniques for Chemical Engineers", Chapter 3.1, McMaster library
- Seader, Henley and Roper, "Separation Process Principles", Chapter 16 in 2nd and 3rd edition McMaster Libraries (reserve)
- Uhlmanns Encyclopedia article on Adsorption
- Wankat, "Separation Process Engineering", Chapter 16, McMaster library
Interesting applications / Enrichment materials
- An article on designing and sizing packed bed adsorbers. The first of the 3 articles clearly explains breakthrough time, stoichiometric time and equilibrium time. The remaining parts talk about the design and sizing of adsorbers.
- A review article on air separation, including adsorption methods.