Jump to navigation Jump to search
Previous announcements for 4M3 (in reverse time order, or check out the Twitter feed: Follow @4m3separations
- 08 Oct: please note, question 4 on the assignment had some information omitted. This has been added now.
- Question 5 has been removed because it was poorly specified in the textbook that I took it from. If you have done it, feel free to submit it for extra grades.
- I have posted a question (and answer) similar to question 5 that is better. See the practice questions.
- 04 Oct: a required reading for assignment 3, due in class on 11 October.
- 30 Sep: thanks for the anonymous corrections to the lecture notes. Any corrections are always appreciated.
- 30 Sep: solutions for assignment 1 are posted.
- 26 Sep: a spreadsheet with the cyclone example has been added for you to confirm the numeric values from today's exercise. Also, a class member pointed out a way to solve the problem without guess and check. I've added that to the spreadsheet. Thank you.
- 25 Sep: The second assignment is now posted. Due by 01 October 2013, in class. Please note that the units in question 3 have been corrected (they didn't make sense in the original question). Question 3 was also improved to make sure it is about a centrifuge, and not a sedimentation vessel.
- 10 Sep: The first assignment is posted. Due by 17 September. There was some confusion about the due date; hand in by 08:30AM on 18 Sept is acceptable.
- 09 Sep: Slides for the next class, 02A, are posted.
- 05 Sep: The next class, Friday, 06 September, will introduce general principles that hold for all separations. The notes are posted.
- 03 Sep: See you at the first class on 05 September 2013 at 11:30. We will review the course outline, and you will select topics you wish to cover in this elective.