Liquid-liquid extraction - 2013
|Class date(s):||05 November|
Please use these references to read ahead, or for extra background reading on liquid-liquid extraction. In alphabetical order:
- Ghosh, R. "Principles of Bioseparations Engineering", Chapter 7, McMaster (reserve)
- Geankoplis, C.J. "Transport Processes and Separation Process Principles", Chapter 12 in 3rd and 4th edition, McMaster Libraries (reserve)
- Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook, Chapter 15, Direct link (McMaster subscription)
- Richardson and Harker, "Chemical Engineering, Volume 2", 5th edition, Chapter 13 ebook
- Schweitzer, "Handbook of Separation Techniques for Chemical Engineers", Chapter 1.9, McMaster library
- Seader, Henley and Roper, "Separation Process Principles", Chapter 8 in 2nd and 3rd edition McMaster Libraries (reserve)
Interesting applications / Enrichment materials
They are old readings, but still relevant. For example, the same principles are used in modern bioseparations.
05 November 2013 (10A)
07 November 2013 (10B)
- Slides for class (slides 24 and onwards are new). Or just print the new ones.
- Audio and video recording of the class.
- The ternary diagram used in today's class. Download and print it out for practice problems.
08 November 2013 (10C)
- No new notes; we will complete the notes from 07 November.
- A more accurate method to interpolate tie lines
12 November 2013 (111)
Notes are coming soon