Final exam - 2014
|Class date(s):||13 December 2014|
The final exam is scheduled for 13 December 2014.
The exam will be comprehensive. It will cover all topics in the course, with emphasis on the topics covered most intensively during the course, economics, operability, safety, troubleshooting, and engineering professionalism and ethics.
Please bring to the exam:
- A list of the basic CRA classes for depreciation.
- Inflation factors for the process industries, and be sure to understand when to use which particular index.
- A copy of the Ontario Engineering Code of Ethics.
I have posted some questions for you to practice, particularly some troubleshooting questions. The final exam from 2012 and the exam from 2013 is also posted for you to practice (no solutions available however, but you have seen many of these questions in tutorials).
How to prepare for the exam
- Understand the concepts being learned. My courses are not about applying the correct equation and solving.
- Read the questions carefully: they are usually worded precisely. The biggest point where students loose marks is to answer only part of the question.
- Questions that you did on computer in the assignments: make sure you can repeat them by hand. Obviously not where you have to draw an entire economic analysis, but make sure the calculations can be done for one or two periods.
- Try some of the practice questions (they are not my questions), and also see the exams from 1965 and 1992 as valid practice questions.